New V2.06 Firmware brings exciting new performance standards!
The one loudspeaker management system that really satisfies all your system requirements just got even better!. New V2.06 firmware introduces the first pro audio implementation of WHISEWORKS - NTM™* filter technology, which means that you can take your loudspeakers closer to their operating bandwidths without fear of over-excursion.
Find out all about the WHISEWORKS - Neville Thiele Method™ filters in the special area here.
One FDS-366 can drive a true stereo 3-way system, or 3 bi-amp outputs for monitors. Add more units and MIDI slave linking to make stereo 4, 5 and even 6-way systems.
- Stereo 3-way.
- Stereo 2-way plus sub from input C.
- Triple Bi-amp for stage monitors, with delay and EQ.
- Dual tri-amp for stage monitors.
- 96kHz Studio monitoring systems.
- LCR Monitoring systems (post-production).
- 6-way systems.
- 4-way plus 2 full range outputs with separate delay and EQ.
- 6-way Zoning ( full range outputs, giving delays, EQ and limiters on all zones )
WHISEWORKS - *NTM™ and WHISEWORKS - Neville Thiele Method™ are trademarks of Precision Audio Pty.Ltd
"The new filters allow me to put more power to the devices without fear of overload or over-excursion. Once adjusted, sounds better than standard filters. The system seemed louder and clearer. We were setting off alarms in the car park!"
Ferrit, Promix/Electrotec, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Other applications are also satisfied, such as zoning to six discrete areas using full range or band-restricted outputs. As a mono sum of all three inputs is available, the FDS-366 will find favour with LCR post-production monitoring systems where a mono sub output is required. A stereo AES/EBU digital input also means that the FDS-366 is an ideal product for studio monitoring applications.
BSS have incorporated the very latest digital technology and DSP algorithms to provide the COMPACT plus with a truly astonishing audio performance. The latest generation of 24-bit converters with carefully engineered support electronics provides a dynamic range in excess of 112dB (unweighted) without employing 'massaging' techniques that could have side effects.
Using a 96kHz sample rate further enhances the sonic performance of the FDS-366. The advantages of this higher rate mean a more natural and open sound thanks to a 40kHz bandwidth and improved filter responses that are possible with the higher Nyquist frequency.
BSS Audio pioneered the use of dynamic equalisation on the DPR-901, a tool well known to engineers the world over. Essentially a way of compressing selected frequencies when the signal reaches a pre-set threshold, adding dynamic eq to every input and output on the FDS-366 provides the engineer with a way to control some of the non-linearities in drivers (such as 2" horns) and room resonance's.
Two new facilities, the 'Alignment Assistant' and Dynamic EQ, help to reduce setup time and enhance creativity.
The effects of non-identical delays between loudspeaker drivers in cabinets, and between cabinets are well known. The FDS-366's Alignment Assistant makes the calculation and implementation of driver delay settings quick and automatic. A microphone input directly measures and corrects for driver and cabinet displacement, and also takes into account inherent phase shifts present in these and other system elements.
Download HiQnet London Architect PC Control Software.
- 3 inputs and 6 Outputs for maximum flexibility in one rack space.
- New NTM™filters give even better system performance
- Hi-Spec 24-bit converters give a dynamic range in excess of 112dB.
- 96kHz Sample rate.
- Stereo Digital Input (44.1/48/88.2/96kHz AES) as well as three analogue inputs.
- New DSP algorithms for absolute phase matching.
- Alignment Assistant takes care of your driver delay settings, automatically.
- Dynamic Equalisation on every input and output.
- Freely assignable EQ filters - put eq where you need it.
- Contact closure program recall.
- Output transformer options.
- RS-232, RS-485 and MIDI control options.
JBL VerTec V4 DSP Preset Data is available from the V4 Preset Data Download Page on jblpro.com
V4 Preset Data Download Page